CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Some favorites from 2012

2012 was a big year for me and my family!  I ended my marriage, which was super hard but one of the best things I could have done for the kids and myself.  The kids and I have come so unbelievably far.  The relationships that the kids and I have with my parents are at the best they have ever been.  We are in the best place I think we ever have been.  I couldn't be happier.

When I was with my husband he did most of the cooking, I did some but when I did I was usually ridiculed so the last 10 months have been spent building myself back up and learning some great new recipes and figuring out what we like and want to eat everyday.  I love that the only one who gets the final say on what we have is me, I don't love that I am the only one who can cook but Kristina's learning :)

Now that we can cook with wheat we have a lot more options.  I had forgotten how much I was missing out on with the no wheat.  I am still experimenting with casseroles, I really missed those, and the slow cooker.  Life saver for those nights I work until 6:15, then have to grab the kids, do dinner baths and in bed by 8:00, now that's a rushed a long night!

So now that I have rambled on for so long, without further adu here is my favorites from 2012

Dijon-Parmesan Chicken

Dijon-Parmesan Chicken Breasts

Barbecued Pork Tenderloin ( I omit the chipolte sauce because I am a wimp)

Barbecued Pork Tenderloin

Fresh Berry Crisp (I added blackberries as well, so good, we have it once a month :)

Fresh Berry Crisp

Any favourites you want to add?

Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own!

1 comments:

Suzie B said...

COngrats on your new chapter in life :-) ♥ Hope it brings you lots of happiness!