CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 16, 2012

Yo Ho Let’s Go! Summer

Disney Junior Logo

Now that its Summer and the weather has finally hit we are outside all day every day.  When the kids are at daycare they spend a lot of time outside and my days off almost are spend outside.  We go to the water park, run through the sprinkler or just chill in the shade.  The other night I set up the sprinkler to occupy the kids so that I could cook dinner in peace and quiet.  Turns out Brandon decided that it would be funny to turn the sprinkler up and down by way of the outside tap.

Somehow he managed to unscrew the entire handle right off of the tap.  Needless to say the kids were screaming for me so I ran outside and saw water shooting right out of the wall.  So I tried to screw it back on without getting wet.  Easier said than done.  I was starting to get wet and didn't want to get totally soaked so I asked Kristina to try.  Well she tried but she just couldn't do it.  So back at it I went and man did I get soaked.  The kids and I had a good laugh, the kids did more than me, but it sure did end up being funny.

The back door to my place was right in front of the huge waterfall so I send Kristina the long way around to the front door to go in and stir dinner before it burned.  I got the tap reattached and the kids and I went in to change and eat.  We made memories that night for sure.  That's what life is about, making memories!

Yo Ho Summer

One of the kids favorite things to do is to cuddle up on the couch with popcorn and watch a movie or some TV.  I love having them cuddled up to me, they open up and love to talk when we do this as well.  They also open up and talk lots at bedtime.  As long as I take the time to lay down with them, read them a book, they open up like their own book.

So when its to hot to be outside or when the kids get up or before they go to bed you can tune into Disney Junior and check out some great new episodes of your favorite shows!  For all of July and August on Monday nights at 5:35 ET you can see a new episode of your kids favourite series followed by a movie or special presentation!!  Can't get any better than that!  At least we don't have to sit through a rerun ;)

Disclosure:  I’m part of the Disney Junior Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own

0 comments: