CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer is coming, come on Summer

I have been loving the weather we had the week before the long weekend.  So warm out everyday, warm enough that while on a conference call in the yard I got a wee bit of a sunburn.  Oops, I seem to do that every year.  One at the beginning of the season and then I smarten up and break out the sunscreen.  At least I only do it to myself and not the kids :)

One of my favorite things to make in the Summer is grilled sockeye, thanks to the kids Dad and my girlfriend who are all about landing all the fish we and our families can eat.  Grilled up on the BBQ with a few spices on top or some soya sauce, sweet chili sauce and honey is a delicious way to eat it.  I love to make up a nice big broccoli salad to go along side it. 

Image Detail

The plate is full of nice colors and is so tasty that the kids and I eat it all up.  Throw some rice or a hunk of fresh sourdough bread alongside it and its a great meal.  I love broccoli salad and usually make up a nice big one and eat it for a few days until its all gone.  I like to use the stems, I learned only a few years ago, don't laugh, that the stems taste sooooo good, I used to just throw them out :)  I like to add some seeds of some sort for some extra crunch, bacon, lots of bacon, grapes of course and you can add raisins, but I don't like those, and of course some homemade sauce.  About a cup of mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vinegar, give or take of course.

Mix and serve, delish!  Even the kids will ask for seconds!

Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

0 comments: