CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We are down to crunch time folks


Well, we are 4 sleeps away, I can't believe how fast Christmas has come his year.  I know I know people say that all the time but this is the first year that it has snuck up on me this fast.  I guess its because we have so much going on right now.  Between working 30 hours a week, couponing, blogging and raising two kids and a small husband :) we have been crazy.  I am certainly not complaining but man oh man we are busy :)

I know that we are not alone though and that this is the life of so many.  Because so many of us Moms feel like this we all need to have an arsenal of great, simple, fast and easy recipes that we can whip up on a moments notice.  That's how I have been feeling on my days off, oh no its 4:30, Kris will be home soon and I still haven't taken anything out for dinner, what are we going to have. 

Baking too, holy cow, we do so much more baking this time of year and how so you fit it all in with the shopping, wrapping, visiting and everything else that has ended up on your to do list.  Well with only 4 more sleeps I have some great recipes to share with on behalf of Life Made Delicious!

How easy and delicious do these would be, and they double as a great gift!



Ingredients:


1 pouch (496 g) Betty Crocker* Sugar Cookie Mix

1/2 cup (125 mL) butter or margarine, melted

1 egg

Food colouring

Method:


•Heat oven to 375°F (190°C) for shiny metal baking sheet or 350°F (180°C) for dark or non-stick baking sheet. Stir cookie mix, melted butter and egg in medium bowl until soft dough forms. Chill dough until firm.

•Depending on the size of the hand, take 3 tbsp (45 mL) to 1/4 cup (50 mL) of cookie dough and shape into ball. Place child's hand on ball and press down until handprint is taken. Using metal lifter, transfer to baking sheet.

•Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from baking sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

•Paint handprint with a mixture of 1 tsp (5 mL) water and 3-4 drops favourite food colouring.


Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own!

0 comments: