CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Seventh Generation buy one give one


I was given an amazing opportunity to do something good for my community and in turn it did something great for me and my kids.  Seventh Generation has a new campaign going on that is going to do some amazing things.  You can purchase a package of the new Seventh Generation Free and Clear diapers and Seventh Generation will donate another package on your behalf.   Seventh Generation is aiming to reach their goal of giving away up to 240,000 diapers to 40 shelters in Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. This means a donation of up to $160,000 in diaper value to a charitable cause that rarely sees corporate assistance!

When the kids and I went to do our donation today it was a great time to talk to the kids about people who don't have as much as us.  People who are leaving bad places and don't have money or jobs and who have babies that need food and diapers.  Seventh Generation sent us 4 packages of diapers to donate to whichever charity we wanted.  We chose to donate our 4 packages to the Transition society who provides support and training to Transition, Second and Third Stage Houses, Safe Homes, Children Who Witness Abuse programs and other programs in the Violence Against Women sector. Through research projects and partnerships we publish and promote Promising Practices for supporting women, youth and children fleeing violence.

When I posted on my Facebook page where people thought I should donate this came up along with the pregnancy center but I thought being that the diapers were a size 4 would go over better at the Transition society.   You can do the same, teach your kids about helping out others and especially if you use diapers anyways why not buy the ones that help out others!

Also don't forget about the 7th Gen Nation, where you can have access to coupons, special offers and great tips for green and healthy living! 

Disclosure – I am participating in the Seventh Generation program by Mom Central Canada.  I received compensation as a thank you for my participation.  The opinions on this blog are my own. 

0 comments: