CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 9, 2011

Do Something Little, Help Something Big - with Energizer


Both Energizer Canada and Evergreen are working together on their “Do Something Little, Help Something Big” initiative in which Energizer is proud to contribute $100,000 to Evergreen to make cities more liveable.  For each pledge, Energizer will donate an additional $1 to Evergreen.   Evergreen is a not-for-profit organization that is committed to making Canadian cities greater and more liveable… creating a more sustainable future for all of us.  For more information, feel free to visit here!

I decided to ‘Make a Pledge with Energizer” and pledge my Five Kind Acts! 

I have learned this last week how something that seems so small can make such a difference.  Kris's Nana is very sick with lung cancer right now.  It has gone into her brain and she had to have radiation done so she is loosing her hair.  Her hair was coming out quickly so decided to shave it really short and was putting baby oil on it because it was very itchy and dry.  She couldn't use anything on her head that had purfumes, dyes, parabens etc so I took her down a bottle of lotion that I had recently reviewed to see if it would help her.  The feeling I got when I found out that it took away all of her itching and didn't grease her hair up into a mowhawk like the other stuff was amazing.  There really is nothing like that feeling, I took that  sympton away for her and it feels like I cured her cancer.  In a situation like this you would do anything to make someone you love better and it felt amazing to actualy be able to do something worthwhile!

I have also pledged to go further with strangers.  I always, well unless I am having a really bad day, make an effort to smile at strangers because you never know who just needs a smile but I am trying to take it further.  The other day in the grocery store I was in line behind a woman who was trying to empty her cart with a baby in a sling.  She had to hold onto him everytime she bent over so he wouldn't slip out.  Instead of just smiling at her, seems kindof rude, I offered to help her empty her cart!  A smile is a fabulous start but you can always take it further!

What will you pledge?

Disclosure – I am participating in the Energizer Canada & Evergreen “Do Something Little, Help Something Big” program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of Energizer Canada & Evergreen. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.

0 comments: