CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bedtime in the Summer

The kids bedtimes, I love it and loathe it all at the same time!  Seriously its the nice and relaxing, its cooling off outside, time for some spouse time and then it all goes in the toilet!  My girlfriend likes to call it "the show" as its like watching a comedy apparently.  I have to tell you though its not so funny when you are in it!  While its mostly Brandon it is definitely still Kristina sometimes too!

Brandon is in the give me every excuse in the book to get out of bed and whine about what he wants!  He wants someone to sleep with him, more water, to go pee, he hurt his foot, and it goes on and on and on.  I can't handle it some days.  Lucky for me, not so much my husband but I work 3 nights a week and then the weekend so I get to miss 3 bedtimes a week.  That makes me happy, and sad all at the same time.  I wish bedtime was full of stories and cuddles and then happy sleeping kids.  Its not right now though so I am ok missing three of those super fun nights!

Kristina mostly just keeps talking to us about things that are "super important" and telling on her brother.  Its every other minute though and super annoying!  Basically I need help!  I am sure I am not alone and there are a lot of other parents out there that are looking for bedtime answers as well.  Lucky for all of us there is a new resource out there with tips from a professional!  Dr. Cohen is a Clinical Psychologist currently working in Toronto. Her clinical work involves counseling services for parents in the areas of infant, toddler and preschooler sleep issues

Some things that I find that work are being consistent, using a firm voice so that they know you aren't kidding around, and to have a nice, long, relaxing down time before bed.  I also like to give lots of warnings of when bedtime is coming.  Kristina only needs one or two but Brandon gets lots :)

Be sure to check out Dr. Cohen and his advice in the Summer Sleep articles on the Disney Junior website.  Best of all if you are a Facebook fan of Disney Junior  Canada you can ask Dr. Cohen questions yourself and have the answers featured on the website!!!  Good luck tonight ;)

Disclosure: I’m part of the Playhouse Disney Junior Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

0 comments: