CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Strawberry season has arrived!

I just got an email this week from my local go to Strawberry picking farm that the season is open and the strawberry's are ready for picking!  My kids are crazy for fruit so we are always picking up more from the store, if we can pick it up locally, the happier I am!  Local berries taste 10 times better than the ones from another county and are usually organic!

We love to pick all sorts of berries but strawberries are my favourite for making things with.  There are so many great strawberry recipes out there and I am thinking I am going to try out a strawberry crumble with some raspberries and blueberries thrown in!


I always make strawberry jam with our picked berries, we have a big pig out session that day, because they don't last as long as store bought and then I throw a big bag or two in the freezer for fresh yummy smoothies all year.  My kids, and hubby, are big smoothie drinkers so we always pick extra of each type of fruit we are picking just for saving for smoothies!  Oh and I think I am going to try to make some strawberry popsicles, those would be yummy and so easy!

Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own!

0 comments: