CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lotus Paperie



My kids love to do crafts, well Kristina does anyways, but I hate them. I can't stand the mess, the stress with Brandon touching everything and just the time it takes to do, when its something for me, not the kids. I used to do scrapbooking, not well but I liked the end result. I basically ran out of time when Brandon was born but still love the look of crafts like that.

When I saw Lotus Paperie on Etsy I was in love. She is a crafter, she loves it and she is amazing at it. Here's a bit about her:

Hello! I'm Vanessa and I am the creative force behind Lotus Paperie and Grizzly Valley Hand Knits. I have been working with my hands creating handcrafted things for fun since childhood and professionally since 1994. I love the flexibility & freedom that working with papers & textiles offers. My current creative focus includes both paper, crafting & knitting.

In my last life I was a clothing designer and I created unique bridal & graduation gowns. I draw heavily on that design experience when creating items for the shop.Below, you will find a wild assortment of both paper and textile based items. Most of the pieces found in the shop will never be recreated so you will likely be purchasing a one-of-a-kind piece.

Because many of the pieces found in the shop are unique creations, making custom pieces for an individual are central to my creative process. I love working one-on-one with clients and welcome you to bring your ideas and together we can make something amazing!

Vanessa was kind enough to send me a pre-made robot themed clipboard for all of Kristina's school paperwork odds and sods. When school starts you end up with notices, book orders, and permission slips. Where do you keep them all? Do they just end up lost and then you are frantically looking for them? Well with this awesome clipboard that isn't happening anymore!


Like I said I just don't have the time, energy or want to make crafts anymore. Luckily for me Vanessa was willing to not only give me the kit, which I should mention is a very affordable $12 US, she made it for me as well. That's the great thing about her shop, its all custom and custom to what you want or need for you. There is even one kit left if you want to order it to make yourself or you can message her about her making it.

Something I am eyeing up now is the fill your own advent calender. I have been thinking about Christmas a lot lately and the advent calenders that go along with it. I don't like the cheap chocolate ones but I don't want to spend $20 on a toy one, that you have tiny little toys that end up everywhere. I love the idea that you can fill it however you want and you can do one for both kids or one for each etc.

If you need any crafting, scrapbooking, or paper needs be sure to check out Vanessas shop Lotus Paperie!

0 comments: